Thank you for choosing the Muslim Academy of Greater Orlando (MAGO) a full time PK through Eighth grade private school. Admission is open throughout the year providing we have available space in the grades. At MAGO we provide a place for your child to learn and grow! MAGO strives for learners who will develop to their fullest potential.
The ultimate goal of our selective/competitive admissions process is to assemble a student body capable of successfully meeting the expectations and dealing with the rigor of The Muslim Academy of Greater Orlando's Curriculum. In assessing the whole child, the Admissions Committee also takes into consideration social-emotional development, interests, talents and extra-curricular achievements. Also integral to the final admissions decision is the perceived degree of congruence between the needs of the applicant and the school’s ability to address those needs in a quality fashion.
The application package material for prospective student can be obtained at the school or downloaded from the MAGO website (www.magorlando.net). Applications and required supporting materials and documents must be neatly and completely filled out and submitted along with the registration fee before the formal registration process can begin. MAGO does not accept application with incomplete documentation or without registration fee.
Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis and only then contingent on full non-refundable, non-transferable, non-negotiable registration payment and books & consumables fee, student records (indicating ability and merit), relevant standardized test results, and leveled entrance testing. Parents/Guardians of students who are on a Florida voucher or scholarship supplement only pay the initial registration fee to reserve a seat. In either case, the aforementioned fees must be paid before the application is processed and finalized with the understanding that maintenance of seat is subject to academic & social record review and at the discretion of the MAGO Administration. The administration reserves the right to accept or refuse admittance based on student’s assessment.
Oftentimes the demand for seats in any particular class is substantially greater than the numbers MAGO can host. If during these registration periods a class meets full enrollment, parents may choose to enter their child on the waiting list. Please visit the school website at www.magorlando.net for more information on the registration schedule.
In order for any student to be admitted to the MAGO he/she must meet the following requirements:
1. Age requirement-To be admitted into Pre-K program, a child must be 3 years old to enroll in PreK-3 program or be 4 years old to enroll in PreK-4 program by September 1st. Kindergarten students must be 5 years old and 1st grade student must be 6 years old by September 1st to enroll in their respective grade. Students must be toilet trained and be able to use the restroom unassisted.
2. Documentation- Complete the registration form in full and provide all documents, as outlined and provided in the application package, prior to the students testing for admission. The application package material for prospective student can be obtained at the school or downloaded from the MAGO website (www.magorlando.net). Applications and required supporting materials and documents must be neatly and completely filled out and submitted along with the application fee before the formal admission process can begin. ). MAGO does not accept application with incomplete documentation or without registration fee.
3. Full Disclosure- Parent/Guardians are required to inform MAGO officials of their child’s special academic, emotional or physical needs. MAGO officials must also be informed of any testing for learning disabilities by public school or private agency. Copies of testing reports are needed to be considered for acceptance. Parent/Guardians are also required to disclose to MAGO officials of their child’s behavior issues or disciplinary actions at previous learning institution. MAGO officials have the right to decide if its program will best meet an individual child’s learning needs.
4. Transcripts/Grade Reports - Transfer students of all grades seeking admission must have passing grades and be promotable at previous school. Students transferring from within a United States school system must submit at least the last two years' academic records including transfer grades and standardized scores. Refer to the admission packet for requirements specific to grade level. Students transferring from outside the United States must submit all academic records since kindergarten. In order to ensure that all transfer students have average knowledge of subject matter as well as compliance with school policy and procedures, the following requirements must be met:
1. The applicant student must not have been arrested nor charged by any law enforcement agency for misdemeanor offenses or otherwise.
2. The applicant student must not have been assigned to an alternative school by his/her previous school or licensed institution public or private.
3. The applicant student must attain a passing score in the entrance examination.
NOTE: The Academy reserves the right to place a transferring student in a grade lower than the stated transfer grade contingent on academic and/or social performance and at the Administration's discretion. International transfer students will be placed according to the Academy's assessment test(s) and as long as they meet all relevant admissions requirements and legal documentations.
5. Home School Students Credit Evaluation – Parents who are homeschooling students must submit an assessment done by the school district and the curriculum plan used in order to evaluate what grade a student may apply for admissions into the Academy. This process may take up to 15 business days and all decisions are final. In order to avoid a delay in testing, aforementioned documents should be clearly and coherently organized and submitted in a timely fashion.
6. Fees- Pay all non-refundable & non-transferable fees. Admission fee must be enclosed with the admission form. Parents who enrolled the students while pending scholarship decision are responsible for paying the fee and tuition. Consult Fee & Tuition schedule for details on fees and tuition.
7. Admissions Test/Entrance Exam- An entrance examination is prescribed for all newly enrolled students in grades one through eight in order to ensure students possess adequate academic abilities for the grade level and academic program of application. Applicant students will take an exam which covers Math and Language Art for that particular grade and age level. Students with poor test score must follow remedial guidelines set forth by the school. Admission test level is determined by previous school records, grade level and/or date of birth. The administration reserves the right to accept or refuse admittance based on student’s assessment.
8. Testing Dates–All admission candidates will be tested at times and dates as set forth by the Academy. If seats are available admission tests can be administered to new enrollees at an arranged time with the parents after complete submission of all application fees, documents, and records. MAGO will try to accommodate students who are unable to be tested by the deadline contingent on the parent/guardian informing the Academy. MAGO reserves the right to decline the admission application of any candidate who does not arrive at the agreed and scheduled time for the entrance exam.
9. Student Interviews – In addition to admission test, newly enrolled students seeking admission in Kindergarten through grade eight must have an entrance screening interview with either the administration or Principal. At least one parent must be present at the time of the interview.
10. Admission Acceptance Letter— a prospective student is not considered fully accepted until he/she has been given an official admissions letter or email.
11. Full Time Attendance– All enrolled students must be in full-time and full-day attendance for all levels except for participants in VPK Program who may choose half-day or full-day options. However, in order to maintain an enrolled status, all students in all divisions except for PreK3 and VPK must be in attendance for at least 90% of any given marking period. Full tuition and fees are still warranted in all cases.
12. Acknowledgement, Agreement, & Acceptance of MAGO Policies— the parent/guardian signature on the registration or re-enrollment form affirms acceptance of the current policies the Academy enforces. Should the parent or guardian, for whatever reason and within the ten day period, choose not to accept the changes or object to the amendments therein, the parent must immediately inform the Administration of their objections or refusal to the policies at which time MAGO may or may not choose to prohibit the student from attending school until such time the parent officially withdraws the student, signs another school policy agreement form, or the school board retracts the amendment.
The medium of instruction at MAGO is English. Therefore, all students must be able to speak, read, write and understand according to their grade levels. Those who are not yet able to do so are encouraged to improve their command of English language before seeking admission at MAGO.
13. Students are recommended to have COVID-19 vaccination when it is approved for children and becomes available
Visit our school or simply download an application form for your child. Admission application must be fully completed and submitted with all the required documents.
The Muslim Academy of Greater Orlando (MAGO) is committed to admit students of any gender, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin. It gives all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at school. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in administration of its admission and educational policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.
The Academy will accept transfer students that are home schooled or who attend U.S. or International schools as long as they meet the academic and behavioral requirements and observe the institutional policies of MAGO.
NOTE: Due to the absence of specialized and accommodating facilities and programs at MAGO, the Academy may not admit individuals with special needs or who exhibit severe or specific learning disabilities (ESL/ESE/McKay Scholarship eligible). All students are on academic and socio-behavioral probation for their first full marking period and may be grade level demoted or dismissed from the Academy at any time therein as a function of academic and/or disciplinary reasons at the professional discretion of MAGO.
Copyright © 2022 Muslim Academy of Greater Orlando - All Rights Reserved.