Private School Careers at Mago
The Muslim Academy of Greater Orlando (MAGO) is located in southwest Orlando and offers some of the best opportunities for private school careers in Orlando. It is housed in a 27,000 sq. feet state of the art facility with the latest educational technologies. Established in 2006, MAGO blends the best elements of a private school education with traditional Islamic values for its students from pre-K to 8th grade. Our aim is to enhance our student’s social and personal standing by way of rigorous and relevant academic manifold enriched by the honor and preservation of established Islamic concepts and values.
Our strategic plan focuses on academic standards and expectations, preparing students to be ethically and morally upright, fostering social-emotional development and maintaining a culture of growth and excellence. Our core values guide our work and define us as a community and a school.
We hope you’ll consider MAGO as the school of choice for your career.
Job Purpose – Classroom Teacher:
To provide an appropriate educational atmosphere which encourages positive student learning and to participate in a dynamic setting with other classroom teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists and other staff members in the development and implementation of the school’s programs and goals.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
2. Certification or eligible for certification by the Florida State Department of Education to teach in the State of Florida
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
403(K) retirement plan
Tuition discount for children
Professional Development Program
State of the Art facility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of prescribed curriculum and child development; ability to communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills; knowledge of current research; basic knowledge of technology; planning and organizational skills; ability to manage the classroom and supervise students; skill in analyzing, diagnosing and evaluating student progress and programs; knowledge of varied learning styles; ability to use effective, positive interpersonal skills. Commitment to a core set of beliefs about teaching, learning, and ongoing professional development.
Reports To: School Principal
Requirement: Should be able to wear Islamic Attire. Candidate should respect values and culture of the Islamic faith
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on programs and activities for students and the school.
2. Participates as an active member with other faculty and staff.
3. Participates in a cooperative effort with faculty and staff to plan, implement and evaluate programs of continuing school improvement.
4. Manages classroom and supervises proper care of equipment used.
5. Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
6. Diagnoses and analyzes student progress and programs for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction based on the developmental stages of students.
7. Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
8. Utilizes technology and current research in instruction.
9. Evaluates students’ progress on a regular basis.
10. Utilizes classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom climate.
11. Shows sensitivity to students, parents and the community and promotes student self-esteem.
12. Maintains professional relationship between school and parents.
13. Maintains contact with parents through parent-teacher conferences, telephone, or written communications.
14. Encourages parental involvement through school activities, connecting home and school.
15. Maintains all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance records and student progress reports.
16. Assists in the protection of student and school property.
17. Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Send Resume to email@example.com